well, I finally decorated my door for christmas and I like it alot. My family love to comment on how "cluttered" it is though. What can I say? I had alot of personal christmas ornaments that I used to put onto my room's mini tree which broke last year that I wanted to use and my bare door struck me as the perfect place. Oh well, the house is now completely decorated and I am dealing with mom starting her christmas baking. I love her christmas cookies which is both good and bad. Good because it means I enjoy the smell of them baking in the house. Bad because I am still on my diet and can't eat as much as I want. Mom keeps talking about putting up some decorations outside but the windstorms have been really nasty lately and I don't want to lose the few outdoor decorations we have. I know we will need to put them up eventually but I am not in a rush. I am also amusing my family by alternating between my christmas music playlist and a cd of Hanukkah music I borrowed. I am not Jewish but I love the music created for Hanukkah (not in vast supply but very well-made). I also recently bought a small set of wooden dreidels in hopes that they would spin better then my cheapo plastic ones from the drugstore (I am a sucker for tops). The irony is that although the wooden dreidels are nicer then the plastic one, the plastic dreidel is better balanced and spins longer then the top-heavy wood ones. Oh well, they still look nice and I only paid $3 for them. Considering I had great difficulty finding dreidels last year anywhere (prices and shipping costs for them are obscene.), I find that situation hilarious. Oh well, I still love the holidays despite some of the stresses that come with the time.
Happy holidays to anyone reading this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment