Tuesday, November 24, 2009

well, thanksgiving is only a couple days away now. It is going to be strange to be having Greek for dinner instead of turkey but I look forward to it. Other then gyros, I have never had anything Greek before so I look forward to seeing how it is like. I have no idea how Christmas is going to be like with our limited budget but mom seems determined to make this christmas special despite the money limits. I really hope we can find a nice tree on sale on black friday, mom is insistant that our current tree is "too small" and wants to get a bigger one. I have to admit that I enjoy large trees as well but I am not crazy about their prices. It will be nice to have a tree big enough to hold all our ornaments for a change though. Last Christmas's tree was rather crowded and that was with just half of the decorations we have collected over the years. I will try not to think of our electric bill during december. Otherwise, the amount of lights mom will want to use will drive me mad!

I am glad that mom is so into Christmas this year, last year she was so depressed that we only had a decorated house and Christmas tree because my sisters and I did most of it ourselves. It wasn't as great last year though because mom would help normally help with lights. She is just fantastic with light while I go crazy trying to deal with all the lights involved. I mostly deal with ornaments, garland, and the nativity set personally with assistance with my sisters. Sam is a fantastic decorations advisor! Any rate, I can't help but be in a Christmas mood despite Thanksgiving being the next holiday thanks to commericals and the radio playing my favorite Christmas songs. I also found last year's new Mannheim Steamroller Christmas cd for a steal. So much for my normal habit of not emotionally skipping holidays!

At any rate, things are going along well in my classes. I am still keeping up with the work and know my final exam schedule. This semester passed so fast! I also have my schedule set up for Spring term which makes things nice. Didn't get into all the classes I wanted to due to class requirements but I managed to get into 2 of them at least. We will see how I will do with spring classes.

I also dug out my dreidel and currently use it as idle entertainment while waiting for stuff to load on my computer. Sam still doesn't get why I like messing with it so much but I can't help it. It is fun to spin and I don't risk hitting things like I do when I use my snowman-shaped ball-and-cup game. It is funny really, 5 or 6 years ago, I wouldn't bother with such toys except on Christmas and Easter but now I am such a sucker for them. Maybe it is a way for me to reconnect with the pleasant parts of my childhood. Or maybe I have just aquired a stronger appreciation for novelities, I have no clue which. I just know that mom tells me that I am easier to please now at holidays then I used to because she can find the cutest things at stores and I eat them up. I have always loves snowglobes though which I still collect. I can't wait to see if I get anymore this year; thanks to dollar tree and walgreens people can get them for me for cheap. I can't say exactly while I love them so much. I just know that looking at them and idly shaking them to make them snow always makes me smile. When I was younger, I would ask more for the ones with built in musicboxes because of how beautiful the music was. I don't like most of the modern ones though since they are cheapo microchips now instead of the old mechanical ones and cost so much.

Any rate, I have posted alot so I think I will conclude this post now.

No comments: